AirMax™ Automatic Safety Controller
Face velocity monitoring and read out plus inline wet scrubber control at your finger tips
The AirMax microprocessor controller electronically monitors and displays the instantaneous face velocity of AirMax total exhaust fume hoods. If inadequate face velocity conditions arise, an audible and visible alarm will alert the user. One-touch control of specific options, like the spray bar and wet scrubber package, promotes easy operation and user interaction.
- Airflow Monitoring - constantly monitors airflow and displays the actual instantaneous face velocity on an alphanumeric display. The controller uses a special sensor developed by AirClean Systems which, unlike traditional anemometers, poses no safety threat to the operator.
- Automatic/Manual Setting - In automatic mode the unit is set to maintain a constant face velocity. In manual mode the face velocity is controlled by the operator.
- Airflow Alarm - A low airflow alarm may be set and displayed. An audible and visible alarm alerts the user if there is insufficient airflow.
- Gas Detection/Filter Monitor - A solid state electronic gas detector warns the user of filter breakthrough.
- Timer - A digital countdown lab event timer may be preset by the operator and used to time general lab functions.
- AUX Control - Any 110V 10 amp or 220V 5 amp device may be connected and powered on and off via the safety controller. This is particularly useful for switched outlets or transfer devices (requires configuration at purchase).
- Chemical Pump - An optional chemical transfer pump may be directly controlled by pressing the quick key button.
Quick Key operation is designed to easily activate and control routine functions.