UVTect™ Automatic Safety Controller
AirClean Systems laminar flow hoods are monitored with UVTect to ensure the critical ISO 5 environment is maintained.
AirClean Systems UVTect microprocessor controller, standard on all laminar flow hoods, workstations, and enclosures, provides user-friendly monitoring and control features. The UVTect controller constantly monitors the HEPA filter to ensure proper airflow. Proper airflow is critical in maintaining a clean working environment. If the workstation is equipped with an ultraviolet energy source, the UVTect controller monitors the effectiveness of the bulb and alerts the operator when replacement is necessary.
- Airflow Monitoring - constantly monitors airflow and displays the actual instantaneous face velocity on an alphanumeric display. The controller uses a special sensor developed by AirClean Systems which, unlike traditional anemometers, poses no safety threat to the operator.
- Automatic/Manual Setting - In automatic mode the unit is set to maintain a constant face velocity. In manual mode the face velocity is controlled by the operator.
- Airflow Alarm - A low airflow alarm may be set and displayed. An audible and visible alarm alerts the user if there is insufficient airflow.
- Gas Detection/Filter Monitor - A solid state electronic gas detector warns the user of filter breakthrough.
- Timer - A digital countdown lab event timer may be preset by the operator and used to time general lab functions.
- AUX Control - Any 110V 10 amp or 220V 5 amp device may be connected and powered on and off via the safety controller. This is particularly useful for switched outlets or transfer devices (requires configuration at purchase).
- UV Light - The UV Light may be directly controlled by pressing the quick key button.
Quick Key operation is designed to easily activate and control routine functions.